MUTP Phase II
The implementing agencies for the various works of MUTP Phase II have been finalized and are shown in the table above. MUTP Phase II will be implanted in two parts, i.e. MUTP 2A and MUTP 2B.
(Rs. In crores)
Completion Cost (Upto 2013)
5th & 6th Lines CSTM-Kurla
5th & 6th Lines Thane-Diva
6th Line Mumbai Central-Borivali
Extension of Harbour Line from Andheri to Goregaon
DC to AC Conversion
EMU Procurement & manufacture
Maintenance Facilities for EMUs
Stabling Lines for EMUs
Technical Assistance & Institutional Strengthening
Resettlement & Rehabilitation of Project Affected Households
Station Improvement & Trespassing Control
Infrastructural inputs in MUTP Phase II
- Addition of 88 track kms - existing 790 kms and 93 kms being added in MUTP Phase I.
- 96 new 9-car rakes.
- DC to AC conversion in Thane - CSTM section (172 Track km), completing the DC-AC conversion on Mumbai Suburban system.
- Resettlement & Rehablitation of about 3,000 Project Affected Households.
Benefits of MUTP Phase II
- Will segregate the suburban train operations from the main line passenger & freight services.
- All trains running on the suburban lines will be of 12 car.
- 800 New trains - Increase of 30 % over and above MUTP Phase I.
- Bringing down the passengers per 9 coach train to 3000 as against existing 5000 and 3600 on completion of MUTP Phase I.